Sunday, 1 May 2011

Evaluation of Production

Because of my knowledge and skills I had already learnt during my Foundation Production the print side of my Advanced Production wouldn't prove to be so difficult. However, when it came to the moving images side of the task I found that I wasn't the most confident. Because the task was new to me I decided to take inspiration from some of my class mates that were more in the know when it came to making films.

The software I decided to use to make my collected moving images into a music video was iMovie, a program made for Apple Macs. It enabled me to be able to sequence my clips into an organised and fluent video with transitions from image to image. I also edited the moving images to make them black and white and brighter so the film didn't seem so dreary. As the video is set in the countryside I wanted to give the audience the feel that it is a summery day and the sun is shining. Editing the brightness on the film automatically adds a light hearted and warming tone to the images.

For the print side of my Advanced Production I predominantly used Pages, a publishing program again on Apple Macs. However, for some of my work I used iPhoto to edit the still images. Because I already have skills used in the Foundation Production from Year 12 it didn't take me long to get to grips with using Pages once again. I was able to use all the correct tools to get the images the correct size and the dimensions of my digipack just right. For my magazine advert I took the dimensions from one in a normal, big brang magazine and measured a half page advertisement. I used the rulers on the side of the page to make sure the dimensions were the right size.

No comments:

Post a Comment