Thursday, 12 May 2011

Audience Feedback

Ever since I started my Advanced Production I knew that I wanted to aim the digipack and music at a younger age group similar to myself. Because I was able to study a lot of music magazines I could see what kind of things the audience look for in a sucessful magazine.

The things I found were most popular when I carried out a survey on 50 17 - 24 year olds was that they don't like to have a lot of wordy things on a magazine advertisement. They said they'd like to be told directly who the album is by, what it is called and how they can get there hands on it, three features I have included on my half-page magazine advert.

When it came to the digipack, lots of them said that they like to be able to look at an album cover and see exactly who it is without having to look for the name or the title of the band. The most popular observation when carrying out this survey, in the form of a questionnaire, was that the audience liked to be able to know what the album would sound like. As the album is a 'debut' along with the single the image on the front of the album tries to tie in with the content of the rest of the album. For example, it is rare to see a heavy metal pnk band with an album cover featuring rainbows and daisy chains. By this I mean that I have tried to suite all three of the tasks, music promo video, digipack and the magazine advert by using the same font in all three for the informative parts. This ensures the viewer/listener/audience that the album has been carefully thought out and is making it a trademark for the featured individual to be of the same style throughout all of the music on the album.

Much of the audience feedback I recieved for the proposed images without them being edited was positive however, they suggested I should maybe focus more on the musician rather than the rest of the image. From this I cropped the photo, even though there wasn't much to crop out only the background of the photoshoot it was good to have this audience feedback as it helped me develop the image into something stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment