When planning my Advanced Portfolio Production I took ino consideration all I had learnt from my Foundation Prouction and thought about how I could incorporate these skills within my next production. I knew I was able to make good pieces when it came to magazine adverts and print work but something I would need to learn how to do was make a piece of film. Because I hadn't done this type of work before I laid out multiple ideas for the possible music video and then narrowed it down to three ideas.
When choosing which type of music video to produce I knew that I wanted a calming song with an edge to it so I chose a piece without lyrics as it ties in well with type of music video I wanted to produce. The ideas I had about the image I wanted to portray for my artist were that she was quite edgy but also had a soulful tone and meaningful vibe to her image.
As it came to planning what type of digipack I was to produce I went for the type that would fit inside a jewel CD case. This meant I would have to produce and front cover, back cover and a spine for the CD. I planned on making the digipack first because it enabled me to then produce the magazine advert with the CD cover at hand to incorporate in the advert as the audience would need to see what the album cover looked like if they were to then go out and buy the album.
For the magazine advert I thought about which skills I had already learnt in my Year 12 media studies and used these ot my advantage. As I had already produced multiple magazine features in my Foundation Production I already knew what features were a must have in magazine production i.e. creating the correct image for the correct magazine and using the product placement well.
No comments:
Post a Comment